Friday, September 9, 2011

I'm back after a long long time and I realize I've not done justice to this blog.
No doubt this has been an utter failure!
In the meanwhile Govt.s have changed (for the better since nothing could have been worse) and the powers that be have christened Kolkata to be the London of the East. But have any of you heard about cycling lanes yet?
Visit the site
http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Corporation/LGNL_Services/Transport_and_streets/Cycling/ if you have time and see how London is attempting to make the city more permeable to cyclists. And what are we doing? Imitating the gloss and the sheen without the essence!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I'm a reporter for The Statesman newspaper, and I'm interested in writing a piece about cycling in Kolkata. I was wondering whether I could have a chat with you about some of the problems you have cycling?

    Feel free to email me: lvkapila@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. missed your comments in my blog.
    If you are still interested in writing
    the article on cycling in Kolkata, please feel free to contact me. My email is khattacharya@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete